[Skip to Content]

Police Reports

Police Reports


The "Texas Public Information Act" (Government Code, Chapter 552) provides for public access to most government records and for sale of copies of such records, including Police Reports.  The Texas Administrative Code (1 TAC 111.16-.70) also addresses the cost of copies of open records (fees charged to the public for each copy of a record). All fees are set to cover the actual costs of materials, labor, equipment and overhead in making the copies of reports available. 

In order to obtain copies of Mills County police records, the following information must be provided to our office:

Accident reports: Crash reports in the State of Texas are maintained by TXDOT. Please visit

https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/division/traffic/law-enforcement/crash-reports.html to obtain a copy of a crash report.

Incident/Offense reports:  Provide specific date of incident, location, type of incident and name of individual involved. To obtain a copy of a report, you may request the report in writing by mail, or you may come in person to our office.  We do not accept requests by fax or by phone.  Here are some steps for requesting reports: 

By Mail: Download and print the OPEN RECORDS REQUEST. Please fill out and submit with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Mills County Sheriff's Office. Please mail your request to:

Mills County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Records Division
P.O. Box 1497
Goldthwaite, TX  76844


In Person:  The Mills County Sheriff's Office Records Division is located at 2111 Priddy Road in Goldthwaite, Texas.